15oz Canned or boxed black beans
1/2 cup of cooked Quinoa (2:1 water to quinoa ration)
2Tbsp Rolled oats
2Tbsp Pumpkin seeds, raw
1Tbsp Coconut oil
1Tbsp Golden flax meal
1Tbsp Olive Oil, extra virgin
1/4Tsp Garlic powder
1/4Tsp Onion powder
1/4Tsp Chili powder
1/4Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
Himalayan Salt and Cracked pepper, TT
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and drain the black beans and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the flax meal, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, vinegar, olive oil oat and pumpkin seeds to the black beans.
- Using your hands, smash the beans and ingredients into a paste, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the quinoa and fold until ingredients incorporate.
- Form into patties, use a dab of coconut oil on your hands to help shape and keep ingredients off your fingers.
- Heat medium sauté pan with coconut oil
- Cook the patties for two minutes, flip and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve with an array of appropriate condiments.