1 Cup Farro, dry
1 Bunch, Asparagus
1/4 Red onion, shaved
1 Cup, Red chard leaves, chiffonade
1/2 Cup Pine nuts,toasted
1 Yellow bell pepper, small diced
2 Lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp Olive Oi
1/4 Tsp, Turmeric powder
10 Basil leaves, chiffonade
1/2 Cup Shaved Parmesan *optional*
- Place 1 cup Farro 1/4 tsp turmeric in a sauce pan with three cups of wayer and bring to a boil. reduce to low boil and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat lets stand covered for 5 minutes
- Trim and discard the stems of the asparagus. Cut the tips off and slice the body on the bias.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the asparagus (cook for 1 minute) then immediately shock in ice bath.
- Drain the asparagus and toss together all the ingredients season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
- Parmesan can be served on the side or tossed in. I find if you are to hold the salad in the fridge for an extended period of time, it is best save the parmesan and to toss the in prior to service.