Serves: 4/12oz or 6/8oz
28oz crushed tomato
2 cup vegetable stock
2 Poblano peppers
1 yellow pepper, medium diced
1 medium onion, medium diced
2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Red chili powder
2 Tsp Cumin powder
1 Tbsp Cilantro, fine sliced
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 cup Cashews raw, chopped
12oz Kidney beans
1. Burn the skin on the poblano pepper over an open flame or under the broiler in the oven.
2. Once burnt place in mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam. When cooled strip the burnt skin off. Remove the seeds and steam and rinse before use.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a pot on medium/high
4. When the oil is hot add the garlic and onion, reduce heat to medium and cook until onion begins to brown
5. Add the yellow bell peppers, cook until translucent.
6. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes
7. Add the tomatoes, cumin, chili powder and tomatoes,diced poblanos and allow to simmer for 10 minutes
8. Add the cashews and kidney beans and simmer for 10 minutes
9. Finish with cilantro, bring to boil, turn off heat and season with salt and black pepper